College Counseling Services
Finding your fit
Contact us today for your
Carlson Admissions utilizes a process of discovery in the areas of self analysis, college readiness, and college search to assist high school students of all ages in fulfilling their college dreams.
This process consists of one-on-one
counseling sessions that provide the
Student Self Analysis
- Perform student interview including online personality profile
- Participate in web-based college major interest survey to explore careers and potential areas of study
- Advise on extracurricular activities and résumé
- Plan and review your student's high school curriculum
- Review assessment test schedules and make a plan for standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, and AP
- Provide worksheets, checklists and organizational strategies to manage important tasks and deadlines
- Develop a plan for selecting potential career mentors and learn professional communication skills
- Assist your student in developing their individual college criteria and provide a matching list of colleges that have varying degrees of selectivity.
- Educate regarding strategies for college research using multiple sources of information
- Prepare student for successful college visits & interviews
- Assist in college applications including essay writing (topic development,critique and proofreading)
- Guide student in scholarship searches, financial aid and more!